.

Friday, April 19, 2019

Power and Privilege Homogenous Choice Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words

Power and Privilege Homogenous Choice - Essay ExampleI believe that it is come-at-able to respect the differences between individuals and cultures, while retaining the natural comfort level found in individual association. I call this homogenous choice.As an individual, I am aware of the differences between myself and others. Whether those differences are cultural or behavioral, I know that I can face a dilemma as I answer to those differences. Although space does not permit me to delineate all of the possibilities, I think that a consolidation of the ideas comes down in the mouth to one word Respect. If my responses to the differences in people I meet, and their unique way of perceiving the world, are respectful of their run of view, I can avoid a negative perspective that includes prejudice or racism. Different isnt bad, it is near different. That said, I dont have to embrace all the differences I encounter or even like them. I can respect my own perspective as a valid point o f view, and extend that equivalent significance to the people I meet.The guiding principle for me, as for most other people, is personal comfort. I am naturally more comfortable with certain cultures than others, especially my own. In his article on the outlet of diversity, David Brooks points out that people are finding places where they are comfortable and where they feel they can pompousness (30).

No comments:

Post a Comment